I envision a loving planet where all people feel free to love and create to their fullest expression without judgment. We all perceive relationships and the world around us through a lens of our individual history that is often built on fear, shame, and scarcity – a framework taught to us by others, which often precludes us from the truth of who we are and what our lives and relationships can be. When not aligned to our authentic self we often feel powerless, anxious, depressed, irritable, exhausted, and/or bored – living a life according to the expectations of others. It is my desire to guide others in clarifying what is most important to them and learning how to advocate for their needs and desires with compassion – creating a life of radical self-acceptance, authentic expression, and meaningful connection.
Through my own life experiences and healing journey, I have learned to be more self-compassionate and am finding my own voice and freedom in relationships and sexual expression. Self-compassion extends out to more compassion for others. I am trusting my own love-inspired inner wisdom, getting more aligned to my authentic self, and creating a life of bliss. I’m in constant pursuit of my own personal growth and transformation, and am honoured to guide others in the same through what I have to offer from my own life experience, wisdom, training, and education.
I completed a Bachelor of Science, with a major in Psychology at the University of Calgary in 1999. After years of raising a family, I returned to grad school and completed a Masters in Counselling Psychology specializing in Holistic Studies from John F. Kennedy University in San Jose, California in 2013. I was on track to be licensed as a Marriage & Family Therapist in California and was practicing as an MFT intern providing individual and couple’s therapy to adults and adolescents in both school and community settings, until I had to leave the country in 2014. I also completed extensive training in process-oriented therapy at Process Therapy Institute in Los Gatos, California 2011-2014. In 2014, I returned to Alberta and worked towards becoming licensed as a Registered Psychologist.
I have been a fully Registered Psychologist since 2018 and have been in private practice in Calgary since 2015, becoming incorporated in 2020. I am pursuing a PhD in Human Sexuality at California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco, CA, currently in the dissertation proposal phase. I am also working towards certification as a sex therapist through the American Association of Sex Educators Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and expect to be fully certified in the next year. Following my PhD, I intend to continue a career in research and writing. Research interests are children’s sexuality, children’s rights as sexual citizens, childhood sexual experiences with peers, K-12 comprehensive sexual health education, and sexual shame.
- B.Sc. Major in Psychology, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB 1999
- MA Counseling Psychology specializing in Holistic Studies, John F. Kennedy University, San Jose, CA 2013
- PhD Human Sexuality, California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco, CA Current Studies
License & Certifications
- Registered Psychologist, College of Alberta Psychologists, Alberta 2018 – Present
- Registered Provisional Psychologist, College of Alberta Psychologists, Alberta 2015 – 2018
- Registered Marriage & Family Therapist Intern, Board of Behavioral Sciences, California 2013 – 2016
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Paper Presentation, Midterm Conference of the European Sociological Association Sexuality Research Network, University of Zagreb, Croatia, September 28-29, 2023 “The invisible sexual majority: The rights of the child in sexual citizenship and critical sexuality studies”
- Member, The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (SSSS) 2022 – Present
- Member, American Association of Sex Educators Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) 2020 – Present
- Member, College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP) 2015 – Present
- Member, Psychologists’ Association of Alberta (PAA) 2015 – Present
- Member, California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (CAMFT) 2012 – 2014
- American Association of Sex Educators Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
- College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP)
- Psychologists Association of Alberta (PAA)
- The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (SSSS)