I envision a loving planet where all people feel free to love and create to their fullest expression without judgment. We all perceive relationships and the world around us through a “lens” of our individual history that is often built on fear, shame, and scarcity – a framework that we have allowed others to teach us, which often precludes us from the truth of who we are and what our lives and relationships can be. When not aligned to our True Selves we often feel powerless, anxious, depressed, irritable, small, and/or bored. It is my desire to guide others in identifying their needs and wants and expressing their True Selves without shame.
In my own healing journey, and through my own life experiences, I have learned to be more self-compassionate and am finding my own voice and freedom in relationships and sexual expression. Self-compassion extends out to more compassion for others. I am trusting my own Love-inspired inner wisdom, and getting more aligned to my True Self. I’ve always had an interest in psychology and understanding myself and others. I’m in constant pursuit of my own personal growth and transformation, and long to guide others in their personal growth and intimacy potential through what I have to offer from my own life experience, wisdom, training, and education.
I completed a Bachelor of Science, with a major in Psychology at the University of Calgary in 1999. After years of raising a family, I returned to grad school and completed a Masters in Counselling Psychology specializing in Holistic Studies from John F. Kennedy University in San Jose, California in 2013, and was on track to be licensed as a Marriage & Family Therapist in California. I also completed extensive training in process-oriented therapy at Process Therapy Institute in Los Gatos, California 2011-2014. In 2014, I returned to Alberta and worked towards becoming licensed as a Registered Psychologist.
I am now a fully Registered Psychologist and have a private practice in Calgary, focusing on healthy relationships and freedom in sexual expression. I am also currently pursuing a PhD in Human Sexuality at California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco, CA, and am also working towards certification as a sex therapist through the American Association of Sex Educators Counselors and Therapists (AASECT).
- B.Sc. Major in Psychology, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB 1999
- MA Counseling Psychology specializing in Holistic Studies, John F. Kennedy University, San Jose, CA 2013
- PhD Human Sexuality, California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco, CA Current Studies
License & Certifications
- Registered Psychologist, College of Alberta Psychologists, Alberta 2018 – Present
- Registered Provisional Psychologist, College of Alberta Psychologists, Alberta 2015 – 2018
- Registered Marriage & Family Therapist Intern, Board of Behavioral Sciences, California 2013 – 2016
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Member, American Association of Sex Educators Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) 2020 – Present
- Member, College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP) 2015 – Present
- Member, Psychologists’ Association of Alberta (PAA) 2015 – Present
- Member, California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (CAMFT) 2012 – 2014
- American Association of Sex Educators Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
- College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP)
- Psychologists Association of Alberta (PAA)